Mom Issues Warning After Daughter Suffers Tick Paralysis

posted by Lance Houston - 

With summer just around the corner, it's a good time to remind parents of the dangers of ticks and the importance of thoroughly checking your kids, every single day!

One Mississippi mom is on a mission to educate other parents about tick dangers after a terrifying experience with her 4-year-old daughter.

Jessica Griffin shared her family's story in a now-viral Facebook post. According to Griffin, one morning her daughter woke up and couldn't use her legs. Griffin soon realized her daughter's speech was slurred as well. They rushed to a nearby hospital where a battery of tests showed the little girl was suffering from Tick Paralysis.

"PLEASE for the love of god check your kids for ticks! It's more common in children than it is adults!" she wrote. "We are being admitted to the hospital for observation and we're hoping her balance gets straightened out! Prayers for this baby! Scary is [an] UNDERSTATEMENT!"

In addition to temporary paralysis, ticks can spread many other diseases, some life-threatening, like Lyme disease, Rocky Mountain spotted fever and Southern Tick-Associated Rash Illness. 

Source: ABC 7 Chicago

Lance Houston

Lance Houston

Want to know more about Lance Houston? Get his official bio, social pages and articles on 101.7 The Bull!

title

Content Goes Here