Parenting is overwhelming! If you're struggling to think of a resolution for 2018, try one of these small resolutions that are perfect for parents.
- Take a minute to breathe when you feel overwhelmed - Because you’d be amazed how much a few deep breaths can help when you’re running on no sleep or patience.
- Make more time for self-care - Prioritize yourself this year! Give yourself the hour you need to have coffee with a friend or go to that yoga class because we all need me-time.
- Find small ways to cut back on spending - Save for that much-needed vacation by doing little things like cooking at home instead of ordering takeout once a week.
- Start saying no to things you don't want to do - RSVP “no” more this year.
- Put down your phone - Sure, you might miss the perfect photo for the ‘gram, but being present without your phone is much more important to your kids.
- Don't sweat the small stuff - Nothing terrible is going to happen if you leave some dirty dishes in the sink while you relax with a cup of tea and a good book for half an hour.
- Don't be so hard on yourself - Being a parent is demanding and the world is a tough place sometimes, so be nice to yourself. And remember, you’re doing great, mama.