WATCH: Tips to Prevent Fireplace Glass Doors from Exploding

Kelly Ripa and Mark Consuelos ended their Saturday with a bang, as their fireplace exploded while the family was relaxing in front of the fire!

The glass doors shattered after apparently becoming too hot, they said on Instagram. “The glass exploded on the spark guard, I guess it’s called, it got too hot,” Consuelos said. Ripa also shared a photo, writing “When the fireplace explodes and you literally have no idea what to do. Grab the sleds and the cookie sheets?”

Here's how you can prevent the same thing from happening in your home:


 
Lance Houston

Lance Houston

Want to know more about Lance Houston? Get his official bio, social pages and articles on 101.7 The Bull!

title

Content Goes Here