Are the days of going to an office over? According to a new survey, flexible work – being able to manage your own hours and choose where you work from – is becoming the “new normal.” The Global Workspace Survey found that 52% of respondents worldwide said they work outside their company’s main office at least half the work week or more. 71% said having a flexible work schedule and environment is a big factor when considering new career opportunities. 74% of respondents thought a flexible work situation was becoming the new norm.
- 80% of American workers would turn down a job that didn’t offer flexible work.
- 53% of U.S. workers said that being able to choose where they work is more important than working for a prestigious company.
- 30% of respondents said flexible work was more valuable to them than more vacation time.
- 78% of businesses worldwide believe that offering flexible work situations helps them attract top tier talent.
- 81% of businesses worldwide are introducing flexible work in order to retain employees.
- In the last 10 years, 83% of U.S. businesses have introduced a flexible work policy, or are planning to implement one. (The Ladders)