- Elite New York families want nannies that can provide services to not only the kids, but mom and dad as well
- Families request everything from a nanny who is a Yoga instructor, to a caregiver to blow out both the kids' and mom’s hair and even one who could drive a Zamboni
- Such super-nannies often charge $10 more an hour than the usual $20 an hour going rate
Finding the perfect nanny to entrust with the care of your child is never easy, but apparently some super wealthy families want more from a nanny than just good childcare. It seems some parents are paying big bucks to have nannies that will care for them as well.
A new report suggests that elite New York families want nannies that can provide services to not only the kids, but mom and dad too, with families requesting everything from a nanny who is a Yoga instructor, to a caregiver who could blow out not only her kids' hair but the mom’s as well. One even wanted one who could drive a Zamboni, since their kids had their own ice hockey rink.
“Wealthy families have a certain way of looking at things,” Seth Norman Greenberg, vice president of, a domestic staffing company, says. “They realize when interviewing people that they might be able to get a lot more than what their basic needs are.”
- And while some parents may not request these special skills, others benefit from the ones their nanny has. For example, one mom reveals that her nanny is such a good seamstress she’s made custom dresses for her child, while another family has a nanny who is going to school to be a massage therapist, so the parents take advantage of that and get massages.
- And of course all these extras don’t come cheap. Such super-nannies often charge $10 more an hour than the usual $20 an hour going rate. Said one staffing company exec, “If you’re able to afford something and you treat the people well, there’s no limit” to what a nanny can do.
Source: New York Post