The SportsaNista show highlights wives and significant others of New England athletes and the charity work they do within the community and beyond! Meet Haley Grissom, wife of New England Patriots player Geneo Grissom. (Yes, Haley was at the Super Bowl game when the Patriots beat the Falcons!)
Haley grew up in Texas and is currently in her last year of Law School at Boston College. Haley came by to chat about all of the upcoming charity work the Patriots organization has coming up this season and BOY do they have soooo much! I was so impressed with the passion that Haley has for our community, she really LOVES New England and devotes a lot of time to charity work. Scroll below to hear the podcast! p.s you'll love what her favorite moment in New England has been ;)
If you're looking to give back to our community, you could support the below events that the Patriots wives/significant others and the organization has coming up!
- Cradles to Crayons that continues through most of the season. New or lightly used coats and winter gear can be placed in donation boxes located at the stadium. You can help our efforts by starting a coat drive at your child’s school or your workplace, bringing winter gear to the games, or volunteering at the Cradles to Crayons warehouse.
- This coming Monday, September 10th support James White’s bowling event at King’s in Dedham from 6- 9:30
- That same night, support Donta Hightower’s watch party at Bar Louie in Foxboro from 7:45-11.
- September 18th- United Healthcare Playground Build
- September 24th- Patriots Women's Association- Fitness For Relief à this is a newer event put on by the Patriots Womens’ Organization with the proceeds to go to a charity of our choice. Last year was a great success with the proceeds going to the hurricane survivors of last fall. We had spin class, yoga, and barre, all on the field of Gillette Stadium. Coach Belichick and several players even came down to visit with some of the ladies during the event. I highly recommend signing up. When else will you get to get your work out in while on the field of Gillette?
- October 11th- Day of Pampering For Women à this is a very special event for women affected by breast cancer. The day of pampering usually begins with a beautiful breakfast with the Patriots Womens’ Organization and the survivors at Gillette. The survivors are treated to all sorts of fun activities, including yoga, makeovers, massages, and often a chance to mingle with some of the players on the field.
- November 20th- Thanksgiving In A Basket Event à as the name suggests, this event provides thanksgiving in a basket to many Bostonians in need. Each recipient receives a basket full of thanksgiving treats – from the turkey to the stuffing. Everything that you need for a perfect Thanksgiving spread. The Baskets are carried out to the recipient’s cars by Patriots players and their wives, providing a unique opportunity to connect with players on a more personal level.
- December – The Bass Pro Shop event has to be my favorite event of the year. At this event, hundreds of children and teens in need come to Bass Pro Shop in Foxboro for an all-out shopping spree. Each child is assigned a player or a wife who will help them select winter basics as well as Christmas gifts for their family members. The kids always leave with a huge smile on their faces which is why this event is so special.
The charity that has completely stolen Haley and Geneo's heart is Justice Mission (IJM). JM is an international organization with the goal of ending modern day slavery. IJM has a partnership with the NFL that allows a group of NFL players and their wives to travel to the Dominican Republic in order to interact and encourage child sex trafficking survivors.
keep in tocuh with Haley by following her new blog! The Wanderlusting Wife, each week she will post on different topics, including travel, football and law school!