Romantic relationships are great and all, but dating can me messy and confusing too. On the other hand, your relationship with your best friend is pretty much the best thing ever and probably makes you happier than any boyfriend or girlfriend could. These are just a few of the reasons you wouldn’t trade your bestie for anything.
- You never have to overthink things - You know your bestie so well, you don’t have to worry about saying the wrong thing or misinterpreting her behavior. And unlike that new guy you’re seeing, you don’t have to obsess over every text she sends.
- You can be completely yourself - So you can wear what you want, say what you want and do what you want when you’re with your best friend.
- Your best friend will always tell you the truth - Your boyfriend might not want to tell you that your new haircut is unflattering, but you know your bestie will.
- You unselfishly support each other's goals - Seeing you happy is what matters to your BFF and she’ll do anything she can to help you achieve your goals.
- Your best friend gets your obscure pop culture references - You have to explain them to your partner, but your best friend will always get your obscure ‘90s rom-com references and shoot back the next line too.
- You can eat whatever you want - A whole box of cupcakes, an entire pizza, whatever you’re into, you can eat it in front of your BFF.
- Best friends make the best shopping partners - She knows your wardrobe better than you do and will stop you from buying another floral shirt that looks just like every other summer top you own.
- You can be petty and judgmental - You may try to keep up a nice girl facade in front of your S.O., but your bestie knows everyone you hate and why you can’t stand them and knows when to join you in judging them to be supportive.
- If you fight, you always make up - It can happen to even the best of friends, but it never lasts for long.
- Your best friend won't break your heart - You’ve been through thick and thin together and you know your BFF won’t cheat on you or ghost you, but can you say the same thing about your partner?
Source: Elite Daily