- Some experts are suggesting things you should never bring with you on vacation
- Items include your best jewelry, backup toiletries, and full bottles of medication
- Also, don’t bring multiple pairs of jeans, or an extra pair of heels and leave your latptop and tablets at home
With airlines charging extra money for checked luggage, more and more people are trying to cram in everything they need for a vacation into a carry-on. But there are still plenty of people out there who wind up paying that fee because, no matter how hard they try, they always pack too much for a trip.
Well, if you’re one of "those people," you may want to listen up. Some experts are suggesting the things that you really don't need to bring on vacation, so if you follow these rules, you may just be able to downgrade the size of your luggage next time you travel.
Things you should never pack for a vacation include:
- Your best jewelry – They’ll likely get lost or damaged in your suitcase. Stick to costume jewelry.
- Backup toiletries – One of everything is plenty.
- A heavy jacket – Unless you’re vacationing in frigid temps, a light jacket and layers will suffice.
- Multiple pairs of jeans – Just pack your favorite pair, multiple pairs will be heavy and take up too much space.
- An extra pair of heels – You really should bring only one neutral pair that matches everything.
- Your hairdryer – Most hotels and Air BNBs have them.
- Full bottles of medication – Leave the bottles at home, and just bring what you need in a plastic bag.
- Your tablet – Just use your phone, and save some space.
- Shampoo & Conditioner – Hotels always have free shampoo and conditioner, and if you don’t like it you can always buy something at the local pharmacy or store.
- Your laptop – If you’re traveling for fun and not work, why drag it along.
- Multiple purses – Find one bag that’s good for day and night and leave the rest at home.
- A statement piece – If something isn’t going to match everything else in your bag, it’s taking up too much space.