- WalletHub has just come out with their list of the Best and Worst Cities for Singles
- They looked at 32 key indicators including an area’s single population, nightlife options, online dating opportunities, gender balance, Tinder users and more
- San Francisco, California was named the best city for singles, while South Burlington, Vermont is the worst
Ask anyone who’s still looking for love and they’ll tell you it isn’t easy, and there's no doubt that where you live may determine how easy or hard it is to find that one true love you’ve been searching for.
Well, WalletHub has just come out with their list of the Best and Worst Cities for Singles, looking at 32 key indicators including an area’s single population, nightlife options, online dating opportunities, gender balance, Tinder users and more, so if you're still having a hard time finding love you may want to listen up.
So, where will you have the best shot at finding love if you’re single? San Francisco, California tops the list with a score of 67.63 out of 100, getting high marks for fun and recreation, as well as dating opportunities.
Ten Best Cities For Singles
- San Francisco, CA
- Atlanta, GA
- Los Angeles, CA
- Denver, CO
- San Diego, CA
- Seattle, WA
- Chicago, IL
- Portland, OR
- Minneapolis, MN
- Portland, ME
On the flipside, South Burlington, Vermont is the worst city for a single person, with a score of just 31.40. The area ranks second to last for dating opportunities, and is pretty low on the list for fun and recreation.
Ten Worst Cities For Singles
- South Burlington, VT
- Brownsville, TX
- Pembroke Pines, FL
- Hialeah, FL
- Warwick, RI
- Yonkers, NY
- Pearl City, HI
- Lewiston, ME
- Laredo, TX
- Charleston, WV
A few other findings from the study:
- Detroit, Michigan has the highest number of singles, while Fremont, California has the lowest.
- Gilbert, Arizona has the most online dating opportunities, while Brownsville, Texas has the least.
- West Valley City, Utah has the highest singles gender balance, while Pembrook Pines, Florida has the lowest.
- New York, New York has the most nightlife options per capita, while West Valley City, Utah has the least. (There is a 93-times difference between the two cities.)