BOSTON (WBZ NewsRadio) — Temperatures abruptly dropping from fall-like to freezing cold caught many New England residents off guard this week when it came to their home heating systems.
This meant heating service and repair companies rushed to handle emergency service calls.
Ryan Williams, of 128 Plumbing, Heating, Cooling and Electric in Wakefield, said he anticipates more than “100 calls” this weekend.
According to Williams, different things can go wrong no matter what type of heating system you have. The effects could range from an inconvenience to a dangerous hazard.
“It could be dangerous as far as a future carbon monoxide issue. It could be dangerous as a significant breakdown,” Williams said. “Every system requires [a different] level of TLC.
WBZ NewsRadio's Shari Small (@ShariSmallNews) reports